The kitchen is the integral heart of any family home and it is important that it functions for everyone who uses it.
Creating practical solutions that provide maximum benefit and independence for everyone is our priority and an area in which we have a wealth of experience.
An accessible kitchen that is designed correctly and sympathetically, allows for independence to wheelchair users, persons with mobility difficulties and even those with visual impairments.
With the incorporation of numerous intelligent features including raised plinths, rise and fall worktops, height adjusted sinks utilising easy reach taps, the homeowner can become self-sufficient.
- Rise and fall worktops (manual and motorised) – Up to a 3 metre length of worktop can lowered or raised to a comfortable height.
- Pull out worktops – Allowing for the flexibility of having pull out sections of worktop at strategic locations around the kitchen.
- Adjustable legs – Allow a base cabinet to be raised higher off the floor and adjusted to a comfortable working height.
- Castors – Provide flexibility to relocate floor cabinets in to any position for freedom of movement and space.
- Pull-down integral cabinet shelves – Compatible with 600mm cabinets, pull-down shelves allow for a greater use of storage space that is accessible to all.
- Contrasting handles – Cabinet doors and handles can be contrasting to allow for the visually impaired to distinguish key areas easily whilst maintaining an attractive kitchen space.
At Newport and Lane, we work closely with you, the client. Close assessment enables the kitchen to function for all members of the family. Using our trusted suppliers of quality kitchens at affordable prices, we achieve peace of mind of longevity for many years to come.
All of our designs reflect current trends and style. Product knowledge and new technologies are researched in depth to meet the clients expectations in every aspect of their aspirations.